All roads led to the BSE, Mumbai on the morning of 22 June 2016, where Shaktishi provided domain expertise for the inaugural National CSR Conclave.
The who’s who of the development sector converged at the oldest stock exchange in Asia for a first of its kind practitioners meet organized by IICA, BSE and Sattva, with Shaktishi as Domain Experts, to bring together 200+ CSR heads, non-profit leaders, business heads, and the social impact ecosystem to discuss learnings, challenges and collectively chart the course for effective CSR implementation in India.
The theme of the conference was: ‘Business and Society: Collaborating for growth with impact’.
Snapshots of the Conclave
Objective of the event:
The Indian CSR legislation, the first of its kind anywhere in the world, provides a statutory framework for corporates to contribute to nation building and inclusive development. As we step into the 3rd year of implementation of this legislation, it is clear that the conversation is clearly moving from mere compliance to the provisions of the law, towards an active exploration of meaningful ways to build value through strategic investments, partnerships and implementation in CSR.
The National CSR Conclave, also a capacity building Short Term Training (STP) in CSR from IICA, worked with the objective of being a workshop with a difference – a pure practitioner’s meet to lay the way forward for CSR in India by bringing together key stakeholders, from business to civil society, to discuss insights, exchange good practices and forge better partnerships.
The session also sought to announce IICA and BSE’s commitment to CSR in India through the BSE Sammaan and the CSR Index efforts, give an update on knowledge and ecosystem building efforts undertaken by IICA along with partners and get meaningful discussions going.
- 300+ registrations; 60 walk-ins
- 330 Organisations – 44% corporates, 44% non-profits, 12% ecosystem
- 40 Speakers – Across leading corporates, foundations, non-profits and ecosystem
- 1500 + Organisations – Reached through social media, BSE, IICA, Sattva and Shaktishi network
- 6 panel discussions covering wide range of CSR implementation issues
- Launch of series of 3 gap analysis/CSR opportunities in Education, Skill and Healthcare
- IICA release of FY 2014-15 CSR spending data
- Release of Synopsis booklet of 6 case studies, a joint collaboration of IICA & IAAD, which focuses on CSR implementation as part of Section 135, Companies Act 2013.
Inaugural address by eminent business and society leaders:
- Shri AshishKumar Chauhan, MD& CEO, BSE
- Shri Anil Sardana, MD & CEO, TATA Power
- Shri Anshu Gupta, Founder, Goonj and Ramon Magsasay Award winner
- Shri Vijay Chadda, CEO, Bharti Foundation
Discussions on CSR effectiveness and way forward:
- Interactive discussion with audience and panelists on ‘Year 3 of CSR Implementation’: Challenges and way forward
- IICA Release of FY2014-2015 CSR spend data and highlights from over 1000 top companies
- Discussions on the CSR Exchange – Sammaan and CSR Index
- Roundtable discussion sessions on CSR opportunities in healthcare, skilling, and education in India with expert panelists
- “Nurturing Social Impact Ecosystems” discussion to open dialogue around partnership and capacity building between non-profit and corporate India
The session was ably supported by CSRs of several top companies. ONGC was the platinum supporter. HPCL and Voltas Water, Rao’s Education Trust were Sector Roundtable Support Partners and IL&FS Academy of Applied Development (IAAD) were Knowledge Partners.
The session was also supported by various other partners including Corporate Social Focus as Print Media Partners, Don Bosco, Social Venture Partners & Karve Institute of Social Service as Outreach Partners.